Julian & Tillie Oestreicher Home (1921)
3401 E. Huntington Boulevard
Julian Oestreicher was the vice president of Gottschalk's Department Store. His brother-in-law was Emil Gottschalk, the founder of Gottschalk's in 1904. The house was completed in 1921 and borrows its plan, its rigorous symmetry and some detailing from the "Hipped Roof with Projecting Wings" of the Italian Renaissance style. Its design is attributed to the architectural firm of Glass and Butner.