R. Bernard & Nellabelle Dickey Home (1928)
3141 E. Huntington Boulevard
The one-story Tudor Revival home was constructed in 1928 at a value of $3,000 by the Fresno Home Builders. Apparently the home was a rental for several years but by 1940 was owned by R. Bernard and Nellabelle Dickey. Bernard was born ca. 1905, the son of William J. Dickey, an early Fresno pioneer who had located to the city by 1880. Upon his death in 1912, W. J. Dickey bequeathed $10,000 to the City of Fresno to be used in the purchase of apparatus for children's playgrounds. Dickey Playground, first established in 1910, was later named for W. J. Dickey.