35. Cearley-Twining Home (1918)
625 E. Home Avenue
The first owner of this home was A. P. Wilson, one of the tract developers. But according to city directories, the first resident was Charles T. Cearley, a former San Jose Times part-owner and reporter who opened a small stationery store after moving to Fresno. Cearley was the president of the Fresno County Chamber of Commerce in 1922. In 1927 Cearley sold the home to Frederick E. Twining, owner of Twining Laboratories.