Historic Districts: Wilson Island

Gates-Twining Home65. Gates-Twining Home (1932)

640 E. Pine Avenue
French Norman Revival
Taylor-Wheeler, builders

The first owner of this home was Dudley C. Gates. From 1937 to 1948 the residence is associated with Frederick W. Twining, the son of Frederick E. Twining of Twining Laboratories. Father and son built the business together following the motto, "We Test Anything."

Next stop on tour
Return to Wilson Island index