Kutner Home (1901)
1651 L Street
This home was built by Alfred Kutner, a prominent businessman in early Fresno. He was an owner of Kutner, Goldstein & Co., a hardware store, and later became vice president and manager of the Farmers National Bank. Kutner sold the home in 1904 to William J. Dickey, for whom Dickey Playground is named. From 1914 until 1920 the house was owned and occupied by developer J. C. Forkner. In 1933 it was remodeled by Dr. & Mrs. F. MacCracken for use as a home and medical offices. The home, with its individualistic style, is unusual among the other large homes built in this neighborhood at about the same time.