Theodore Roosevelt High School:
West Hall (1928)
4250 E. Tulare Street
H. Rafael Lake, Architect
West Hall was Roosevelt High School's original classroom and administration building. It was extensively remodeled in 1971. Interior corridors were eliminated and their space added to new classroom configurations, and access to these new classrooms was provided by exterior doors. Second floor access was provided by new balconies extending the full width of the front and rear of the building, and exterior stairways. All original double-hung wood-frame windows were replaced the fixed anodized aluminum sash windows.