John B. Marshall Homes (ca. 1884, ca. 1908)
164 N. Echo Avenue
The two houses on this parcel (only one of which is clearly visible from the street) are excellent examples of late-nineteenth-century working-class housing in Fresno. Originally located side-by-side on the same parcel, the houses were moved one in front of the other and renovated in the early 2000s. The residence at the front of the property was built in about 1908; the one to the rear was built in approximately 1884. The house on the back of the lot is particularly interesting as an example of a hall and parlor house, and may be the oldest standing home in all of Fresno.