5218 N. Millbrook Avenue (view map)
(relocated from 405 N. Fulton Street in
A. C. Swartz, Architect
John William Proffitt, a Texas cattleman, moved to Fresno County in 1907. After Proffitt's death in 1925, his daughter Ida lived in the home until 1960. It became the home of the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity at California State University, Fresno, after it was relocated in 1989 to make room for the construction of Highway 180.